Do you or someone you know need an ID to vote? If you do not have one of the six acceptable forms of photo ID to vote, you can get a free ID card from the Department of Driver Services Office or one of the Registration Offices listed.
Items Needed for Free Voter ID
To receive a voter identification card, the voter must know their:
- Date of birth
- Last four digits of their Social Security Number
If the voter is registered to vote in Fulton County, the voter then fills out an application for the free voter ID card.
Georgia law allows for six acceptable forms of ID, which include:
- Any valid state or federal government issued photo ID, including a free ID Card issued by your county registrar’s office or the Georgia Department of Driver Services (DDS)
- A Georgia Driver’s License, even if expired
- Valid employee photo ID from any branch, department, agency, or entity of the U.S. Government, Georgia, or any county, municipality, board, authority or other entity of this state
- Valid U.S. passport ID
- Valid U.S. military photo ID
- Valid tribal photo ID